Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We're getting closer....

We're getting closer to Christmas and I'm excited. No, nothing special happening here this year, but still I'm like a kid about Christmas! What a wonderful time with family and friends. We have been in most of the week because of the snow we have on the ground so I have had time to stamp! I have been getting ready for my January classes. So I have some shares today.

You've all seen my polar bears I designed and shared--apparently they have become all the rage on lots of blogs. Funny, we have all thought of lots of other "critters" but not polar bears. I made some last year but didn't think to share them. Well, now my customers want to make them, but I didn't want to make a Christmas card in January--so I decided to make a winter card for Valentines. My previous bears showed a mommy and a baby bear. I decided for Valentines, I wanted a male and a female, so this time the one on the right is made larger--using the 1-3/8" circle punch, rather than the 1" circle punch. And I added hearts over their heads to show they are in LOVE. Ha! The heart is punched with the Heart to Heart punch. I stamped the I {heart} U from the A Happy Heart set. That one is my all time favorite Valentines set!!

You've seen the mouse I made earlier, too. Here he is again. Well, again my customers wanted to learn to make him but I wanted a Valentines mouse. So I designed this card (below). This little fellow is holding a heart punched with the Full Heart punch. I stamped the message "always on my mind, forever in my heart" from the Always stamp set inside a circle from the new I {Heart} Hearts set which will be available in the Occasions Mini. (You are going to LOVE the Occasions Mini!!) I just love this little mouse that Ellen Kemper and Lynn Pratt came up with!! Check out their blogs to see how to make him. (I'm sorry that I do not know how to connect a link to their blogs!! I MUST learn how to do that!)

Here's another card I made this week. This one also uses the A Happy Heart and the I {Heart} Hearts sets.

For this one I stamped the dotted heart and cut it out and mounted it on a black heart punched with the new Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit die that will be available in January from the Occasions Mini. (Did I say you are going to LOVE this mini!!) OK, the right edge on this card is alittle different--something new I learned from Debbie Henderson (debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com) via Lynn Pratt's blog. (Thanks, girls!!) It's a neat trick using the slit punch. Check out Debbie's blog for step by step instructions.

Well, that's it for today! Check back later for more samples! Have a wonderful wintery day!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.