Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

I've been having fun with the July Fourth stamp set and what better day to share two samples using it than on Memorial Day!!  I love making cards for July 4th anyway, as my family will tell you.  I usually send them all a card celebrating this important holiday.  This stamp set makes me happy, so I've been playing with it all week.  I won't show you yet what we are doing in our June classes with this set, but here are a couple of other samples to share.
This first one was in consideration for my swap for the Smudge Bunch Stamp Club June swap.  I love the new punch I used for the border.  I used the wide double-stitched red ribbon down the center with a narror blue ribbon on that.  I liked this one but there was just too much white on it so I decided to design another one.
This was the one I finally came up with for my swap.  To get that background, I cut a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5-1/4" and stamped the fireworks all over it.  Can you see the silver smaller ones in there?  Then on the back of the piece,  I marked each opposite short edge 1-1/2" from the edge and made a sort of diagonal cut from one mark to the other.  This means I could make two cards from the one sheet of stamped white cardstock.  Neat idea, huh?  Saves on paper.  My customers will tell you I love saving cardstock.  Must be a throw-back from my quilting and sewing days when I always tried to save fabric!  Anyway, I hope the ladies participating in the swap will like this one!   

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Have a good one!!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.