Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's been awhile....

Sorry I've been away from my blog so long! I've missed you, but  I'd have a busy month and had some fun stamping time..  I do have a couple of cards to share with you today.  Here is a card I made for a swap I'm participating in. 
The tree is from the Forest Friends set.  I first inked it in the Bermuda Bay ink, then colored the tree truck with Soft Suede marker, then I dotted some brown onto the leaves with the marker, and then stamped. "Thinking of You" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.

For the background, I cut a rectangle in white and then laid it on the scallop circle die so it would cut the top and right side of the cardstock.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede, too.

I like how the ribbon looks, too.  I tied it so that the plain back of the ribbon was between the two knot and the dotted side shows on the outside of the knots.    And of course the background designer paper is fron the Thoroughly Modern pack.  This has been my all-time favorite from the big catalog! 

I hope the girls participating in this swap like this samples.

Below is card we did in class this month.  This one is a Fathers Day one!  It uses ALOT of punches but is very fun to make and I think the men will enjoy getting this one.  To make the "peg board", I measured off the background as a grid on the back of the vanilla cardstock and then punches holes where each line intersected.  I smudged Sahara Sand ink on the edges and on the peg board itself as men never have clean peg boards! Ha!
Both the screwdriver handle and the hammer head are made using the Luggage Tag punch that is now retired.  I sure miss this punch! 

I have one more to show you.  It is sure a great man's card--for Fathers Day or a birthday.  Even men without tractors have riding lawnmowers.  They all love "big boy toys".
                          
This is uses the Tag,  scallop circle, the 1-3/8" circle, 1" circle, 1/2" ciurcle, Word Window, Photo Corners, and Heart to Heart punches---yes, ALOT of punches.  I used the Lots of Tags die for the Happy Birthday sign.  The grass at the bottom this one is from the Pocket Silhouettes set.

Well, that's it for today.  I have more new cards I've made to share later.  I won't stay away so long next time.  Have a wonderful weekend!!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.