Thursday, July 29, 2010

Final Riot!

Ha! Did that caption get you? Final Riot? These are the final Riot of Petals samples I'll share with you. I know, I too wish you could still purchase this stamp. For this first one, I just embossed the flowers in white embossing powder on our new Marina Mist CS. I did color the leaves with my aqua painter and one of the greens. (I THINK it was Wild Wasabi but am not sure.)I thougth if the flowers looked pretty plain, how would they look colored with the white gel pen. So for this samples, I colored them with the pen. Doesn't this give them a great effect!! For this next card, I embossed the flowers in gold embossing powder and then colored them with the white gel pen. I like this one, too. I wondered how they would look embossed in silver but haven't tried that yet.
Here is a close up of the flowers and leaves. For this last one, I decided to color the petals with my aqua painter and bleach. I thought I'd like this one best, but it is not my favorite. I guess after seeing the white gel pen, the bleach is too subtle for me!Thank you for humoring me and letting me play with this retired set! I hope the techniques (coloring with the gel pen and with bleach) are giving you ideas for your own cards.
Come back again soon! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.