Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Tropical Party....

Here is another card made using the Tropical Party stamp set. I made it a month ago, but waited t share it until I had my late June classes as they were making this one. For this one, I cut the oval using the Ovals die. I used two brayers to add color to it for the background. I used Tempting Turquoise for the "sky". Start by rolling your brayer back and forth across your grid paper and slowly move it forward onto your oval. You want to add subtle color. Make alot of passed over the oval to add more color. Same with the Creamy Caramel at the bottom.

I colored the palm trees using the Soft Suede and Old Olive markers. Stamp it once and then without inking them again, stamp again to get the lighter tree. Then ink the tree up again and stamp the other dark tree.

To get the pumpkin pie(PP) background shape, I used the Top Note die. I marked my die with a white gel pen like this, so I can tell where the middle is, going in each direction.Then, I cut the PP in the top note shape.Next, I turned the cut out note 90 degrees and put one edge up against the side of the die. Note that I did not turn the Top Note die at all. Use the white lines to make sure you line it up straight.Pass it through the Big Shot and it will cut off two sides like this.Then put the uncut side against the other side of the Big Shot--do not turn it at all--and run it through again.You will be a cut like this. This gives you the perfectly centered cut--if you are just careful how you line it up. It takes just a bit of practice but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy. And it gives you a totally different shape. You can make this as narrow as you want--just move the original top note more to the left and right.Here is another sample made similarly to the other , but on this one, I didn't put the three large flowers under the oval. I punched out R E L A X using the Naturally Serif alphabet die in various colors. I also stamped three smaller flowers and the coconut with the umbrella in it and cut those out.

I hope the samples today have inspired you to try this new cut. Thanks for visitng my blog. Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.