Monday, November 1, 2010

Trendy Trees....

I think this is a happy fall card!  I guess it's because I LOVE the 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon Stampin' Up! sells.  They have it in so many beautiful colors and you would not believe how soft and piable it is, unless you touched it!  So to me it MAKES this card.
The colors used on this one are Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Cajun Craze.  The tree is from the Trendy Trees stamp set and the top of each tree is stamped in the color of the scalloped square behind it (punched using the Scallop Square Punch).  I stamped the tree trunks with Soft Suede.  The Very Vanilla square that the trees are stamped on are punched with the 1-1/4" punch.

The sentiment is from the Grateful Greetings stamp set and is stamped in Soft Suede.  I love the layers on this card.  My ladies will tell you that in class I stress all the time that the more layers,used, the better the card looks.  Layers just make a card look richer!

This one is fairly easy today, but again, this is a layout that you could make in other colors for other seasons!  I love having layouts I like to try in many colors and with many stamp sets. 

Have a great day!!   Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.