Friday, January 28, 2011

You're in my thoughts, in my heart....

This month we made this easel card in class.  It was a hit, so I thought I'd share it with you.  The card is Real Red and is cut 4-1/4" x 8-1/2".  You score it at 4-1/4" and 2-1/8".  That makes the fold you will see in the second picture below.
You also cut a piece of red cardstock 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" to be the front of the card.  I layered designer paper from the Celebrations pack on that (cut 4"x4") and the freehand cut a white heart.  I ran it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and layered it on the card on the right, letting it run off the card at the side and bottom and cut those off.  I put the sentiment from Word Play on a white piece and layered that on red cardstock.

Here is the side and inside view of the card.  I stamped a sentiment on the inside white piece of cardstock, and layered a red heart (punched out with our Large Heart punch).  Again, I let that heart go off the paper on the side and bottom to match the front heart.
You then glue the front to half of the folded front which forms the "easel".  This is a neat layout to stand on a table or on the food tray of a hospital patient.  Neat, huh?

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you can make your own easel card.  Come back soon!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.