Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In Memory of Jax and Lillie.....

Yesterday was a sad day for my grandchildren and their mother.  They had to put down their dog Jax, our granddog.  We were all so sad about it.  Jax was a wonderful dog and we all loved him.  He is being cremated and his ashes will be spread at our farm near the graves of our two dear "girls", Penny and Curie.  Jax was about 12 or 13 years old--we don't know since he was a rescue dog.  But apparently he had a tumor in his tummy and was at his end.  I made the card (below) to cheer up Dillon and Jessica and Meg.  I tried to make the picture of the dog look alot like Jax!  I know the kids will like it when it comes in the mail.
 The dog is made using various punches and Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock.
 This sentiment is from the D is forDog stampset.   I stamped it with Suede on Vanilla and backed it with Pumpkin Pie.
 Here is a picture of Jessica with Jax at our house last February, when he came to enjoy the snow with the children.  I made him the colorful "blankie" he's wearing.
 And here is Jessica with Gabby and Jax--that same week.  We are sure going to miss our granddog!
 We also got word yesterday that some of our friends had lost their little girl Lillie.  She was a cutie and I wanted to make them a card with a dog that looked like Lillie.  Here is the card I made for Max and Bill, Lillie's "parents".
 And here is sweet little Lillie. Do you think I captured her likeness in my card? I hope they see it. 
It is so very hard to give up a pet!  All of us who have lost a friend know that they truly do leave paw prints all over our hearts.  We will miss these two four-legged friends!!
Smiles (and it's hard to say "smiles" today), Laura

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, I need you to make a card for my grand doggie JAX!!! He is the love of all our lives. My daughter and her fiance love that little dog and so do I. Your cards are wonderful and a fitting tribute to these two little souls. Dogs are truly the most wonderful pet of all and they do leave their paw prints all over our hearts. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm so sorry that your family lost your wonderful Lillie. Anyone who has lost a pet, knows how really difficult that is. We had to put down both our dogs this past summer...only 8 weeks apart. It was NOT an easy summer. I still miss them both all these months later. My heart goes out to your family....just sorry this is so belated!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.