Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gold fish....

Recently Brenda Ruse shared a card similar to this one with one of the yahoo groups I'm a member of.  I decided I wanted to make one myself, with a few changes.  Originally this was going to be a birthday card for Dillon, but he's turning 13 so it's a bit young for him.  I'll design him another one.  But he DOES love to fish.

Anyway, this one is fun to make.  Since I didn't have a pattern for the "bowl", I just free-hand cut one to use, The card folds open at the top. 
The fish are made with Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight cardstock.  I stamped the parts first using the Build A Blossom stamp set and punched them out with the Blossom Petals Punch.    Here are close-ups of those two fish.
 This bigger fish was stamped in Real Red using a different stamp from the set.
Brenda didn't have sand in her bowl, but I decided that I needed some "sand" at the bottom of the bowl (or gravel, if you will) so I cut it from Sahara Sand CS (what else for sand??  Ha!)  The bits of grass are cut from Certainly Celery CS. 

Isn't it clever what folks keep finding you can make from our punches!! I think this one is very cheery!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.