Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Woven Hello.....

I am participating in a challenge swap this week and the sideboard were that the card MUST be 4-1/4" x 4-1/4".  Here is the card I came up with.  I saw a card by Carrie Gaskin (the Artictic Avenger--12/9/10 entry) with a woven rectangle on the front and knew I had to try one.   (Here)
Mine, of course had to be square, so it's very different.  I chose So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait for the colors of my woven area.  That woven area is mounted on Poppy Parade and backed with Pear Pizzazz.

The butterfies are from the Flight of the Butterfly set.  The sentiment "Hello" is from the Tiny Teacup set. 
I punched the pear with the scallop oval punch, and layered that with the Large Oval punch from Poppy.   I ran that through the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it texture.  I punch out a Decorative Label from Saffron, turned it 90 degrees and punched one end again for the "Hello".  I love this small label it makes!!

I hope my partner getting this swaps likes it!!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. That woven background technique is too cool! Thank sofr sharing the link, I HAVE to try that out soon! Love the fun and happy colors you used on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.