Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dancing Dress....

Tammy Howell first designed this dancing dress (or tutu,if you will) and I thought it would be a fun card to make for Jessica.  I decided to use purples for my card.  I sponged Elegant Eggplant on vellum paper for the skirt and then punched it out with the largest flower in the Blossom Petals punch.   I used a smaller petal on that punch to make some Pink Pirouette cardstock petals for the top layers of the skirt. 

I punched the top of the dress from Eggplant cadstock using the Round Tab punch.  I punched the curved neckline using the 1" circle punch.  Then I put pearl Jewels around that curve.  I added a 3/8" ribbon around the waist.
 Here is a closeup of the sentiment.  It was punched from Eggplant, Pirouette and white cardstock using the Wide Oval, 1-3/8" Circle and Scallop Oval punches.  The sentiment is from the Bring On The Cake stamp set.
 I think this is a neat idea for a dress.  I know Jessica will love this one!!
Thanks for visiting today!! Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea! Have a great niece who is turning 8 in a few weeks and know she would love a card like this...TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card and a creative use of various punches. Certainly I card I would like to CASE for my grand daughter

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.