Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to my blog!!

It is hard to believe that I've had this blog for two years today!!  I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in seeing my samples and my photography.  I had no idea so many of you would visit as often as you do and I most humbly appreciate your visits.  Thank you for your sweet and supportive comments you leave. 

So since this is my blog's birthday, I'm going to share one more sample using this layout and this one is a BIRTHDAY card.  Happy Birthday to my blog!

For this card I used Rose Red and Certainly Celery cardstock for the card.  The designer paper is by another compnay, but I do love it.  The cupcake is punched using the Build A Cupcake punch.  I ran the bottom of the cupcake through my crimper to make it look like a paper that holds cupcakes.
 Here is the sentiment on the card.  The sentiment is from the On Your Birthday set.  I punched the white cardstock using the Decorative Label punch.  That is backed with a Rose Red large oval.
 Here is the inside of the card.  The sentiment is again from the On Your Birthday stamp set.  I put some of the designer paper inside, too, to go with the front.
Thank you SO MUCH for being a part of my blog!!  I hope to be sharing with you for years to come!! 

(EDITORIAL NOTE:  I was asked in the comment for the directions for cutting the triangles.  I have this explained in my May 15 entry, the one with the scooter.  The square for the triangle starts off as a 4x4" square.  Cut that in half, diagonally, and then cut each of those two in half, from the center to one point.  This gives you 4 triangles, enough to make two cards.  Hope this helps!)

Smiles, Laura

6 comments:

  1. I love this card and the layout. Can you tell me the size and how to cut the triangles? Thanks.

    Michele
    luv2stamp2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog birthday and your readership! I am glad you did it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your two yr blog. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your two yr blog. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. Actually, this post by me was in 2011, so I now have had the blog for 5 years. You will notice that I haven't posted to the blog in some weeks and I am sorry for that. I am so busy with other things in life that the blog has taken a back seat. I fear it is a lot like a diary and I was never one to keep a diary, but to live life forward. But I will try to do better. Thanks for continuing to read my blog!!
      Smiles, Laura

      Delete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.