Sunday, May 1, 2011

White Dogwoods...

Right now, the dogwoods are still in bloom here in the mountains of North Carolina.  They are gorgeous!  I decided to do this card with dogwoods at my classes in April.  The card itself is Certainly Celery with leaves and label in Wild Wasabi.  I cut a layer from Pink Pirouette cardstock with the Top Note die.  I sponged a bit of Pretty in Pink around its edges.
 Here is close-up shot of the petals.  I used the Blossom Petals Punch to punch out the petals and just nipped a half circle out to the end of each one.  I sponged Crumb Cake on that to mimic the real dogwood petals.  For the centers, I ran So Saffron through the Square Lattice embossing folder and sponged it with Wild Wasabi.  I put these on using a dimensional so they are raised a bit, like the real dogwood center stands up a bit.  I don't think it shows well in this shot, but I used the stylus to draw several lines from the center of each petal to the edge--just like the real petal has lines in it.
 Here is a close-up shot of the sentiment.  This is from the Delight in Gladness builder wheel.  I added some pearl jewels to it also.  The three punches used for the sentiment are the Decorative Label, the 1-3/8" Circle and the Designer Label.
I hope you like this one!!  Thanks for visiting my blog today!!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, we must be on the same wave length, I was just thinking the other day about how to make a dogwood flower with my punches, and you have figured it out already, very pretty. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and saved it for future reference. I hope it is ok to case it. The dogwood is the official flower of British Columbia, where I live.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.