Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love and Sympathy

Today I wanted to share with you another card we made recently in class that uses the Love and Sympathy stampset.  For this one, the shape is alittle different.  I cut a piece of CS 8.5" x 5.".  Then I cut 2.5" off one end, leaving the card \6" x 5.5".  Folded in half, this made a card 3" x 5.5".  With the piece I cut off, I cut the length to 4.25" (toss that little bit cut off) and laid it across the card.  I cut a "notch" into the end that extends over the side of the card.  So the card is still 5.5" x 4.25" and will still fit into a regular size #2 envelope.  I love having a different layout/shape but being able to use the regular envelopes I keep on hand.

This card is Lucky Limeade and is layered with Rich Razzleberry. You cane see that I stamped the flower from Love and Sympathy onto the Razzleberry in Rezzleberry, to decorate the cardstock a bit.
I used paper from the Pocketful of Posies suite to layer onto the Limeade, also cut out with a "notch".  I layered Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon on to that.
I used markers to color the flower and stamped it on a circle cut with the Circles #2 die.  I punched smaller circles from Limeade and Razzleberry using the 1-3/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches.  The circle with the flower is popped up with dimensionals.  And I stamped the sentiment  from the Perfect Words hostess set in Razzleberry.
Another day I'll share a Christmas card I made using this same layout.You know by now that I love finding layouts and using them in several different colors and stamps!
Thanks for stopping in!!
Smiles, Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.