Friday, September 2, 2011

You are a Blessing.....

Here is a card I made recently when my friend Judy was over playing.  No, that isn't Stampin' Up! designer paper, but the card stock is.  I used Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery cardstock on this card.
This leaf is from the Autumn Splendor set---and isn't it about time to start thinking about autumn!  While we are still having hot days, you can tell that fall is around the corner.  I mean, how long can this summer last???

For the cut-out for the leaf, I punched a 3.25" square with the decorative punch.  I turned it 90 degrees and punched it again, being careful to line up the punch each time.  It make a neat cut-out, doesn't it?  The leaf is stamped on white card and colored.  I also sponged some color around the edges.
In the background of this shot, you can seen that I ran the card side-ways through the Stripes embossing folder.  This is a neat one that can be used either way.

Here is the sentiment.  It is from the new Blessings from Heaven stamp set.  There are lots of great sentiments in this set.  Check it  out.
I hope you liked this sample.  Come back my way soon.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.