Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Christmas Ornament and Cardinal

Today I'm sharing with you two cards I made using the same layout, but with different colors and different stamp sets. 

This first one uses the bird from Forest Festivities.  To get the interesting cut she's inside of, I cut the Cherry Cobbler square to 3-1/4" and then put it all the way into the Decorative Label punch to punch it.  Then I turned it 90 degrees and lined it up in the middle and punched again.  That's it---so simple!!  I did then trim it to 3" square so that it had room to layer on the green and blue squares and still fit the card.

This card is Cherry Cobbler and I ran it through the new Snow Burst embossing folder.  Love that one!!

It's hard to tell it here, but I used Dazzling Details on the little birds cap brim and ball and also on the ornament.  On subsequent cards like this, I actually colored the ornament blue before applying the Dazzling Detail.

Here is a close up of the sentiment.  I used Marry Christmas from the Forest Festivities set, also, and layered it with Marina Mist, Cherry and Wild Wasabi.  I used the checked Frostwood Lodge designer paper on this one.
Here is another card I made using the same layout.  This one uses Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke as the cardstock colors.  The stamp sets used on this one are Autumn Splendor and Blessings from Heaven.
Thanks for visiting today!!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.