Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lots of "Grateful"....

Last entry I told you about the carnival we had at church.  Many people helped with it so I wanted to thank them all.  Here are some thank you cards I made to send to them. 
The card itself is Soft Suede layered with Crumb Cake.  I used retired designer paper for the front.   The basket of pears and the sentiment are from the Always Thankful stamp set in the new Holiday Mini.  I love this set.  I punched the pear basket out using the 1-3/4" circle punch.  To have a larger circle to layer it on, I used the Round Tab punch and punched one from Pool Party and one from Basic Grey and layered them to make a circle.  Neat idea, huh:?
Here is a close-up for that.  I colored these with markers and also ink and my aqua painter.
For the sentiment, I punched with the Decorative Label from Pool Party, then a 1-3/8" circle from Soft Suede and then used a die from the Lots of Tags die set and cut one from Basic Black.  I punched out GRATEFUL using the large oval punch.
I hope the folks who helped with the carnival liked their "thank you" cards. 

Here is the same card, made using designer paper from the Spice Cake series in the Holiday Mini. 
 As with the other one, I punched a 1-3/4" circle, layered a 1/2" circle on top and added a brad to put on the striped part down the side, just to add more interest.
I love this layout and have used it before and will probably again.  Hope you like it, too.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.