Friday, November 11, 2011

Gold Fall Leaves....

Recently during one of my days devoted to stamping, I went back to the main reason I started stamping in the first place---gold embossing!!  About 12 years ago, a few friends and I got together to stamp with the few stamps we all had.  At that time, I thought any card that was pretty had to have gold embossing on it. 

Once I found Stampin' Up! and their beautiful stamps and paper and ink, I dropped that embossing thing and now hardly ever emboss.  That back then, I loved gold embossing. 

So this card has leaves embossed with gold embossing powder and then colored in with my aqua painter and SU inks.
This is the Gently Falling set which I've used on my blog several times.  The card itself is More Mustard cardstock, layered with Soft Suede and then the leaves are embossed on Very Vanilla.

I put ribbon around two opposite corners for alittle added interest.
Here is another card I made the same day.  It, too, has gold embossing but not so many leaves.  And the ribbon is just tied around the card.
Both of these cards would make great fall cards to send to someone to whom you want to express gratitude.

And I'm thankful to you for continuing to visit my blog! Come again soon!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Laura. I love heat embossing - it adds such a special touch to a card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.