Friday, November 4, 2011

Grateful....

Here is a card I made the other day using Pear Pizzazz layered with River Rock.  I topped that with this delightful designer paper from the Spice Cake collection. 
For the sentiment, I used the oval from the Designer Frames embossing folder set with Pear and cut around it.  I love how it has those raised dots and WISH we had an oval die or punch that would punch it out.  But I cut it with scissors.  Then I punched out a River Rock oval using the Wide Oval punch.  I inked the "Grateful" word of the "Grateful Greetings" stamp from the Grateful Greetings stamp set (I know, that's alot of GRATEFUL) with my Always Artichoke marker and stamped in.  It is on vanilla cardstock.  Then I punched it with my Decorative Label punch.  I reinserted the cardstock in the punch, just barely in, and punched it again to make a narrow label.  Love it!!
I cut a small snip of Victoria Crochet Trim and attached it to the edge with a Green Circle Ice Rhinestone brad.  Hard to see that green here, but it shows up well in real life.

This isn't a hard or complicated card, but a nice one to send to someone to express your appreciation for them.   And I appreciate your visit to my blog today!!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Stampin' Up!'s most beautiful Designer Series Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura;
    I truly love this card! The closest match I have found that cut's an oval perfectly around the oval Designer Frame is the dies from Spellbinders nestabilities / Spellbinders. I can't remember if it's the large or the small as I have both set's. I believe it's the small because the other set is larger. I hope this helps and thank you so much for the inspiration! :)

    ~Shawnie B.
    Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
    www.CardsByShawnie.com


    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.