Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello again...

Where in the world have I been??? I hope you are asking that.  Well, here and there.  I don't know why I haven't posted in so long except to say that I've been creating rather than posting.  If you too have a blog, you know it takes time to write and post entries. I really mean to post every other day, but  I sometimes feel like I  really just want to stamp.  So I took a break and stamped (and do I have a bunch to share IF I can take time to write it all up!)

Oh, and I also had a birthday (this was a BIG one) and my hubby and I took a trip to TN to visit his sister and BIL for 5 days.  She had baked for me my favorite cake (Italian Creme) and it was delicious. And we stamped together (more to show you).   So that's another reason I've been away from the blog.  I hope all of you have not stopped visiting me!  If so, maybe you'll be back soon.

Today  I want to share with you a challenge card I made and also two made by friends who participated.

Here is the picture that we were given as our challenge inspiration.  We had to make a card that was inspired by this picture.  Isn't this luscious looking!!
Here is the card that challenge hostess made and sent to me.  Isn't it the most beautiful!!!  It was made by Rose Kerry.  Look at those flowers!! She put so much time and effort into the flowers.  Rose always does such BEAUTIFUL work.  I've shown you some of her work on here before.  Thanks so much to Rose for this beauty.  She nailed this challenge!!

Here is the card my challenge partner, Brenda Taylor, sent me.  I LOVE it!  It has inspired me by its simplicity.  After I got this one, I just HAD to order the Bordering On Romance stamp set she used.  I'll be "case-ing" this one!!
 Here is the card I made for my challenge partner, Melody Martin.  I used the sentiment from the new Sale-a-bration Elementary Elegance stamp set.  I also used the new Labels Collection dies for the green and pink on the front. 

I'm not sure what this layout is called, but my friend Judy Thompson (whom I stamp with frequently) taught me this one.  I just LOVE it and have made others by this layout. 

The top of the card flips up and the two sides at the bottom flip out to open.
Here is the card with the bottoms opened out.
And here is the card with both the top and bottom opened out.
To make this one, you start with a piece of cardstock that's 4.5" x 9". You score the top fold at 3.5" from one end, so when folded, the card is 5.5" long.  The bottom piece is 2" wide and 8.5" long. Score that one at 2-1/8" from each side and fold the sides inward.  Glue that onto the bottom of the card.  It's that easy. If you need a picture of this, leave a comment and I'll add it another day.

Thanks for coming back to see me.  I'll try not to be gone so long again, but you know how life can be.  I have more to share, so you know I'll be back!!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much for showing the ones that were sent to you, they are gorgeous! And wow, I love the layout of the one you did. How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of the two openings card. Wish you had a tutorial on making this one. Not real sure how the bottom part fits onto the top part............if that makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I was drawn to this site from a beautiful card I saw on Pinterest (the top card by Rose Kerry), and wanted to see what other beautiful cards were on this blog. I am pleasantly inspired by just the cards I see on this post. I could only imagine and am very excited to explore further at all the CASE'ing opportunities you are providing!

    Thank you ladies for the inspiration and the beautiful work!

    ~Shawnie B.
    Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.