Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's 92nd birthday and my sisters and our husbands celebrated with him yesterday.  Rather than cake, we opted for my sister's delicious Nutty Chocolate Delight, which is cool and summery.  Here is my dad with the candle numbers 9 and 2 on this "cake".  Doesn't he look GREAT!! He's in wonderful shape for his age!!
 Here's Dad singing, "Happy Birthday to me" with us!  He sure seemed to enjoy the day!
 So you ask, "what kind of card did I make him?"  Well, this is a layout I shared in my last entry--a box card.  But I put these cute little owls on it.  These owls are on designer paper that just retired, but I thought it looked masculine and wanted to use it!  I cut out the owls to use.  Here is the front of the card.
 Here's how it looks when you open up the card.  I used the SU Labels Collection Framelits to cut out the opening in the inside (and for the front).  Since we were getting together on Sunday, a day early, I used the "lets party all week" stamp for the inside.
 Here is the end of the card, so you can see how the "box" stands up when you open the card.  It lays flat for mailing.  See my early June entry for the "how-tos" on this card.
I apologize for being away from my blog for so long!  It's been a busy summer so far.  I did go on a week-long trip with Dad to Key West and enjoyed that.  And then I came home with pneumonia (we both did) so it took me awhile to recover.  I hope to post more frequently now!

Thank you for continuing to follow my blog!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad and, yes, he looks great! Love the card that you made for him!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.