Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Let's do some quilting

Let's do some quilting--on paper of course.  Before I started making cards and being so "in to" paper crafts, I was a die-hard quilter.  I made quilts for the bed, quilted wall hangings, quilted banners for my church, placemats, table runners, you name it.  So it seemed appropriate to try this quilted card.  I used Soft Suede, Primrose Petals and Whisper White for my quilt squares.  I punched them out using a 1" square punch and cut them in half diagonally before "piecing" them together in this pattern.  The center square is Comfort Cafe designer paper. 

Because the background of the Designer Cafe paper is vanilla, I should have used vanilla paper rather than white, so I smudged vanilla ink all around the card to darken the white a bit.  Works for me....

The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  

There are TONS of quilting patterns that will make wonderful card fronts.  I will be making more of these!!
Thanks for stopping by today!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.