Monday, September 3, 2012

Frightening Feline....

If you have followed my blog very long, you know I love neat and different folds.  I saw a card with this  fold SOMEWHERE and saved  it. (Maybe it was on Pinterest.) The card was made by Susanne Jordan, and I FINALLY found her blog (in Germany) but cannot find this card on her blog (I went back as far as April, 2012).  So forgive me for not being able to supply a link..  The card I saw of course wasn't a Halloween one and did not have any instructions with it---it was just a card with this delightful fold and Susanne's name on it.  SOOO, I had to figure out how to make the card from scratch.  My first one had a flower on the front, but I thought I'd  make a Halloween one to show you.

Here is the front of the card.  I used the Howlstooth & Scaringbone designer paper on the front and inside.  I also put the Frightening Feline stamp on the front.  I am loving that stamp!
Here is a picture of the inside.
And this shot shows sort of how it folds up.

To make the card, cut CS 4-1/4” x 11”. Score it at 4”, 8”,  and 10”.  Fold it up and set it aside.  Cut designer paper (dsp) 4”x8”.  Score it at 2” and 6”.  Mark center of DSP at 4” on both long edges.  Score from each corner to that 4” mark, so that you are making an “X” across your 2” and 6” score lines.  Fold up as shown, using mountain and valley folds.  If you need more pictures of the folding, email me and I'll snap and add more pictures.  Look at this cute bat.  He is made using the Elegant Butterfly punch.  Then you use the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch set and snip our circles to make it resemble a bat.  

This neat idea was shared by Sharon Berkert and here is her pictures of how to make bats from butterflies.  I don't have her blog link; I just have the saved picture.
I added a Velcro dot to hold the card closed.  Those are handy to keep on hand.
OK, so if a Halloween card is nice, a Christmas one is great, too.  Come back again and in my next entry I'll show you a Christmas card made with this same fold.

Thanks for stopping in!!   Leave me your comments if you like this one!!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. hi, Laura
    I just found your blog and really enjoyed my visit. I adore everything you make!
    Your Halloween card is a gorgeous card! I'm fascinated with this type of card and you did a fantastic job with it!
    Susanne's Link to this card is here:
    http://das-ist-meine-seite.blogspot.de/2012/07/vip-donnerstag-29-squash-fold-card.html

    many greetings from Germany
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Wish I had seen it back when you first made it so I could have asked for more pictures! :) Just looking at it leaves me at a loss, but maybe if I cut and score my paper according to your written directions it will all fall into place. I love fun fold cards.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.