Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another Center Easel--Connie's birthday....

I thought I had shared this card with you earlier, but can't find it on my blog so I guess not.  I did share the center easel layout and instructions with you in the last week or so, so I won't give those again.  You can backtrack on my blog and find them.  But I did want to share this card because I made it for my sister Connie's birthday.  I went to my hometown for a birthday supper with her and my family and yes, had her birthday gift with me, but had left the card laying on my stamp room table! So bad!  I had it made for her for over a month before her birthday and then to forget the card!! Ugh!  Anyway, I mailed it to her later and she got it AFTER her birthday.  But it was the first time she had seen the center easel fold and I think she liked it!

This card is made using Island Indigo cardstock, and Chocolate Chip and the International Bazaar designer series paper.  I love that paper! The flower is stamped using the Mixed Bunch set and punched using the Blossom punch.  There are two flowers layered on top of each other.  I used the Window Frame Collectiono die to cut out the chocolate.  If you want a slightly larger layer, as I did, you just flip the die over and trace around the larger outside and cut it by hand.  That gives you a shape just about 1/8" larger that the image the die cuts.
 Here is how it looks open and standing up on a table.  I love that these card can be left standing open to display your message.  That's the beauty of an easel card!!
Here is a side view.  If you are unfamiliar with an easel card, this will help you visualize it.  There's room for more "message" behind the easel (you can see the stamped words on mine here) and you can fold the easel up (like you would normally open a card) to sign the card.
I hope you like this one and it inspires you to go try your own center easel card!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.