Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Playing with Holly and Judy....

Saturday Holly Craft (yes, you all know her, she has worked for Spellbinders, EK Success and other nationally-known companies) came to teach a class for our local stamp club, Smudge Bunch.  Holly came on Friday (she lives in GA) and made time to play with me and my friend Judy in my stamp room.    We had a great time playing and laughing (my husband upstairs wondered what was going on, we laughed so much!!).  We got some neat projects made.  Here is a shot of Holly.
And here is Judy
We made a twisted quad card that I'll show to you another day, with instructions.

Here are Holly and Judy working on another card.  I had seen the triple heart easel card on Pinterest but had no instructions.  

We laughed so hard trying to figure out and get even this triple heart easel. We finally got it, but ran out of time for decorating it.  That will have to be another day!  

The next morning, Holly taught 16 of us in a class she designed on stenciling.  That took us all morning. Holly comes so prepared and brings so many wonderful samples to show and inspire us!!  We made 5 samples.  And in the afternoon, we did 5 samples using quilting techniques.






Here are two of the quilting cards we made.   This one is the Twisted Triore Easel Card.  I really enjoyed making this one!
 This one is the Herringbone quilting technique on a tie cut-out card.  Again, a fun one to play with!  And I've shown you the herringbone technique on cards I've made in the past.  Search my blog for them.
I'll share more of our cards another day.  I only photographed these two in class. 

Well, just wanted to share with you the fun day we had on Saturday.  Come back soon!
Smiles, Laura


  


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like you all had great fun! I love the cards you made! You girls are really serious about this stuff, aren't you!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.