Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Surprise Box....

Today I want to share with you a little box I made that is entirely from a 7.5" x 10" piece of card stock.  The sides of it fold up to close it, as the top.   I saw this on Dawn Griffin's blog. I have tried to put the directions on the pictures.  


 At this point, it would look like this.
 Here is where you add adhesive.

 To make it into a box, follow directions on this picture:
It should look like this:
To decorate the box, cut 4 pieces 2-3/8” square of designer papers to apply on the two inside sides of the box and 2 outside sides.  Cut 6 pieces of 2-3/8” x 1-1/8” designer paper to apply on the two pieces of the box top and along the two pieces on each side of the box.

 The two sides will fold up to meet at the top.  Cut a 1" x 12" piece of designer paper or cardstock to go loosely around the box as it's band.  You want it loose enough to slide off in order to open the box.   I hope you can figure it out from my instructions.

Here is another box I made.  I love how this top matches the design in the paper.
 There is another box in the foreground in this shot that uses other colors.
 Oh, and to make the top of the original box I showed, I punch out about 15 circles using a 1" circle punch and glued them together to make this design, which also matches the designer paper, I think.
 I hope you like this one!!  Smiles, Laura


3 comments:

  1. Great detailed instructions. Love the colors you used. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura! Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas with aus.
    Nora from germany

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.