Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Watercolor Winter

This card was made as a part of a challenge to use the white gel pen on the card.  I decided I wanted to use the Watercolor Winter stamp set and make the pine needles look like they had snow on them. 

This card is Soft Suede, layered with Cherry Cobbler and topped with Crumb Cake.  So many of my cards lately use this color scheme.

I stamped the pine needles using Always Artichoke and tipped the ends of the branches using Early Espresso.  I just stamped them all around the edges of the card.  I stamped "Merry Christmas" from the More Merry Messages set in the center.

After the ink was good and dry, I used the white gel pen to make lines along some of the "pine needles."    
When the white had dried, I used the Dazzling Details to put "shine" around on the "snow". I'm not sure you can see it even in this close-up but it did add alot to put the Dazzling Detail on it.

I was pleased with this one!  I hope my challenge partner was too!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.