Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's almost Easter....

I was so surprised when I visited my blog today.  How could it have been almost a half a month since I posted!!  I seem to stay too busy with "life" and and stamping and am afraid I neglect the blog.  But I certainly  appreciate those of you who stick with me and keep visiting.  I appreciate, too, your leaving comments to let me know if you like what I post.

I do have a card to share with you today.  Here is one I made this week for our church's pastor for Easter.

On Pinterest I saw a card with a cross, with flowers growing up it, and it had what I think are "sun circles" behind it.  I like it but its background was yellow and I wanted clouds in my background.  

Here is a close-up for the clouds, sun, and cross.  You will see that I used the Stampin' Up! Cloudy Day embossing folder on the blue for the sky.
To get the white on the clouds, I used the aqua painter and white stamp pad to color the clouds.  It is very light and subtle, but I like how it looked.

I used the Woodgrain embossing folder, carried over from the Holiday Mini, on the wooden cross, to give it a "wooden" look.  I like how that turned out.

I used white 3/8" taffeta ribbon for the drape.  This will be the color on the cross on Easter Sunday when life triumphs over death!

For the inside, I used one of the cross stamps from the Crosses of Hope stamp set.  After inking, I stamped it off on a side sheet before stamping on the card, so it would be light.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Easter Blessings on top of it using Soft Suede ink.

I am pleased with how this one turned out.  I hope Pastor Karen likes it!!

Thanks for stopping in.  Have a wonderful day!!
Smiles, Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.