Saturday, April 6, 2013

Get Whale Soon....

We have so many friends who have had surgeries or been ill recently.  I needed some card to send out.  I made this cute little card using the new Oh, Whale! set.  My classes loved this one!  The card is Marina Mist, layered with white.  I used some designer paper from the Sycamore Street collection on the white to look like the sea.

I cut a smaller piece of white card stock and ran it through the Cloudy Day embossing folder for the sky.  Below that I attached some Marina Mist and Baja Breeze "waves" I had cut using the Large Scallop Edgelit .  I popped up the front two of those, so I could put my little whale behind them.

The whale is stamped with Sahara Sand ink and cut with the Happy Whale Clearlit die.  I "fussy-cut" the spout that was stamped in Marina Mist.  I added some rhinestones to it to look like sun sparkling off the water.  I also used a rhinestone for the little fellow's eye.
 Here is a close-up of the whale and spout.
And of course I stamped "Get Whale Soon" at the bottom.  Don't you think this is a get-well card that could cheer anyone up!

Thanks for visiting today!!  I'd love to hear what you think about this one, so leave a comment!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.