Sunday, June 2, 2013

Making Chevrons...

I saw a great tutorial for making chevrons on Splitcoaststampers the other day and just have to play with some.  Here are a some cards I made with chevrons on them:

Here is my original card I designed for a class.  It uses three different teal colors:  Bermuda Bay, the new Coastal Cabana, and Soft Sky (or maybe I used Pool Party--can't remember).  Love these soft colros together!!
To make the chevrons (which really look like rick-rack to me) you cut a strip of cardstock 1" wide by 5.5" long.  Score it lengthwise down the middle.  Then score it crosswise every 1/2".  Cut from the bottom corner to the middle scoreline, to create “V’s”, removing paper scraps the entire width of the CS.  Rotate paper 180 degrees and cut the opposite triangles.  Easy to do while sitting and listening to TV.  Ha! 

Here is a card I made without the sentiment label, but with the sentiment just stamped on the front, so I could use 4 different colors of chevrons.

 For this card, I decided I wanted the image to go over the top of the chevrons.  The flowers are from the Summer Silhouettes stamp set.  The cardstock is the new Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, and Bermuda Bay.
 For this card, I decided to cut the chevrons in smaller pieces, so that they actually look like chevrons, rather than ric-rack.
 I hope you are inspired to make some of your own chevrons.  Have fun!!  And visit again soon!
Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I really must try this sometime this week! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi. They are so easy but add alot to a card. Yes, try them!!
      Smiles, Laura

      Delete
  2. I like them, I like them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie!! And thanks for continuing to check out my blog!!
      Smiles, Laura

      Delete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.