Friday, July 19, 2013

Canadian Goose.....

Today's card uses the new stamp set, Wetlands.  This set is by the same artist who drew the Hostess set, Simply Sketched, and I love his/her work!!  I hope Stampin' Up! will use this artist more!  

I wanted a card that would be appropriate for a man.  I used the Soft Suede card stock for it, and accented it with Crushed Curry card stock.  I stamped the goose and the grasses from the set on a white piece using the Soft Suede.  I used Soft Sky ink brushed on with a sponge for the sky, some Crumb Cake for the earth, some Crushed Curry on the grasses and a dab of Cajun Craze in the sky.  

For the sentiment, I used the birthday greeting that was in the Wetlands set. I punched it out using the large oval punch and mounted that onto a curry piece cut using one of the dies in the Chalk Talk die collection.  I put a piece of rolled-up linen thread between the two to set it off.
I think this would be appropriate for any man's birthday, don't you?  

Thanks for stopping in.  See you again soon.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.