Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mary Ann's birthday card....

My sweet sister-in-law Mary Ann had a birthday recently and turned, well, we won't say how old (unless you can figure it out from her birthday card, hee hee) but it was a milestone birthday! Anyway, I wanted to make her a very special card.  I had seen a similar card on Pinterest and knew this was the card for Mary Ann!!
 I used this Cascading card layout before on m blog in the past, so I won't repeat them here again.    You can find them if you scroll back.
 I used a retired SU balloon punch for the colorful balloons.  And the "60" was cut with a non-SU die.
 The stars are punched from silver glimmer paper.  I cut strips on acetate from sheets and used glue dots to attach the stars to them.  This makes the stars "dance" and "twinkle" when you open out the card.
 I had some blue and green netting left over from some dance skirts I made in past years and just cut that and glued it inside the card to all "fluff."
 Here's Mary Ann with her card. I think she liked it!!  Doesn't she look YOUNG for, well, advancing years! Ha!  Love you, girl!!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous card, Laura! Love the stars on acetate and the netting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Laura! I know she loved it. I like the shooting stars, etc. Happy Birthday, Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a "like" button, like on Facebook! I am inspired with every new page I look at!

    ~Shawnie B.
    Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.